Student Visa

The United Kingdom is globally recognized for its exceptional education system, attracting students from various corners of the world to apply for admission to its top-tier institutions.

We, at XT 24, specialize in providing expert guidance and support to assist applicants in successfully obtaining their UK Student visa.

UK Student Visa

When to Apply for a UK Student Visa:

If you are planning to study in the UK for more than six months and do not currently hold another visa category that allows this, it is essential to apply for a UK Student visa.

Requirements: To qualify, you must demonstrate that you:

  • Are aged 16 or above (with parental consent if under 18);
  • Possess a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (“CAS”) from a Home Office approved school, college, or university in the UK;
  • Have adequate funds to cover tuition fees and living expenses in the UK; and
  • Have proficiency in the English language—speaking, reading, writing, and comprehension.

Restrictions: As a student under this visa category in the UK, certain activities are prohibited, including:

  • Working for more than 20 hours per week during term-time (for those studying at degree level or higher);
  • Being self-employed or engaging in business activities;
  • Working as a professional sportsperson or sports coach;
  • Working as an entertainer; or
  • Occupying a position that would fill a permanent full-time vacancy.

Duration of Stay: If your course is 12 months or longer, the visa granted is valid for the course duration plus an additional five months. Overall, you cannot exceed five years in the UK for those 18 or older pursuing a degree-level course or more than two years for courses below degree level.

Settlement in the UK: While this visa does not directly lead to permanent residence, after living continuously in the UK for at least 10 years based on various visas, including a Student visa, you may qualify for permanent residence.

For more details about XT 24 and our personalized immigration services, please reach out to a member of our team who can address your queries and guide you through the application process.

Immigration Attorney
Litigation Partner