Senior or Specialist Worker Visa

Our team of expert corporate immigration specialists, XT 24, has extensive experience in assisting organizations of all sizes in successfully applying for relevant sponsor licenses, enabling them to sponsor migrants, and aiding individuals in securing work visas.

Global Business Mobility – Senior or Specialist Worker

Having collaborated with the Home Office on new sponsored visa routes, we comprehend the meticulous scrutiny applied by the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) to Senior or Specialist Worker sponsor license or visa applications. Leveraging our experience, we ensure your applications have the highest likelihood of success.

What is a Senior or Specialist Worker Visa?

A Senior or Specialist Worker visa permits overseas workers to undertake temporary work assignments in the UK. The worker, a senior manager, or specialist employee, is assigned to a UK business linked to their overseas employer by common ownership or control.

Do I Qualify for a Senior or Specialist Worker Visa?

To be eligible for the Global Business Mobility – Senior or Specialist Worker route, you must:

  • Possess a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from your UK employer.
  • Have worked for your employer or a corporate group member outside the UK for a cumulative period of at least 12 months before the application date, unless applying as a high earner.
  • Be sponsored for a job on the list of eligible occupations.
  • Receive the minimum eligible salary required for your job.
  • Demonstrate sufficient funds to maintain yourself in the UK, unless maintenance is certified by your sponsor.

What Period of Leave Will I Be Given? Can I Extend My Visa?

The maximum visa duration is 5 years, with caution to not exceed the maximum cumulative time allowed in the UK under any Global Business Mobility route – typically 5 years in any 6-year period. High earners (earning at least £73,900 per annum) can extend this limit to 9 years in any 10-year period.

What Kind of Activities Can I Undertake in the UK as a Senior or Specialist Worker?

As a Senior or Specialist Worker visa holder, you can only perform the job for which you are sponsored. Studying in the UK may be permitted in addition to work, subject to certain conditions.

Can I Bring My Family With Me?

The Global Business Mobility – Senior or Specialist Worker visa allows a dependant spouse or partner and dependant children under 18 at the time of the initial application to accompany you.

Does the Global Business Mobility – Senior or Specialist Worker Route Lead to Settlement in the UK?

This route does not lead to settlement in the UK. However, it may be possible to switch from the Senior or Specialist Worker route to an immigration category leading to settlement, such as a Skilled Worker visa.

For more information about XT 24 and our corporate immigration services, please contact a member of the XT 24 team who can answer any questions and guide you through the process.

Litigation Partner
Human Rights Senior Solicitor