Child Student Visa

The United Kingdom boasts a world-class education system, and our XT 24 team of immigration experts is dedicated to assisting parents or guardians residing outside the United Kingdom who aspire to provide their children with the best possible education.

Child Student Visa

If your child, aged between 4 and 17, has secured a place at an independent school in the UK, XT 24 can provide expert guidance through the application process for a Child Student visa.

Requirements for a Child Student Visa

To qualify, you must demonstrate that your child:

  1. Has received a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (“CAS”) from a Home Office-approved UK independent school.
  2. Will reside in the UK at a boarding school or with a qualifying relative.
  3. You, as the child’s parent(s), possess adequate funds to cover tuition fees and living costs in the UK.
  4. You consent to your child studying in the UK.

Duration of Stay in the UK

If your child is under 16 at the time of application, they will receive a visa for the duration of their course (up to six years) plus an additional four months. For those aged 16 or 17, the visa duration is for the length of their course (up to three years) plus an additional four months.

Settlement in the UK

While the visa itself does not lead to permanent residence in the UK, your child may apply for permanent residence after a continuous period of at least 10 years in the UK, based on multiple visas, including the Child Student visa(s).

Parent of a Child Student

In addition to facilitating the attendance of non-British national children at UK schools under a Child Student visa, the XT 24 team has extensive experience advising parents on obtaining a visa to accompany their children.

For more information about XT 24 and our personal immigration services, please reach out to a member of the team who can address any inquiries and assist you through the process.

Litigation Partner
Interpol Compliance Specialist