Parent Of Child Student Visa

You can apply under this category if you are a Parent of Child Student Visa; whose child is studying at or about to start studying at an independent fee-paying school in the UK.


In addition to assisting the children of non-British nationals in attending school in the UK under a Child Student visa, the XT 24 team has extensive experience advising parents on securing a visa to accompany their children.

Parent of a Child Student Visa

How can I accompany my child during their studies in the UK? If your child is between 4 and 11 years old and studying at an independent school in the UK, you can apply for a Parent of a Child Student visa to accompany them.

What are the requirements for a Parent of a Child Student visa?

To qualify for a Parent of a Child Student visa, you must demonstrate that:

  • You are 18 years or older at the time of application.
  • You are the parent of a child who has, or is concurrently applying for, status as a Child Student.
  • Your child’s other parent must not be in the UK or seeking to come to the UK.
  • Your child is aged between 4 and 11 years at the time of application.
  • You intend to live with your child during their stay in the UK.
  • You do not intend to make the UK your main home, and you have sufficient funds to maintain your main home outside the UK.
  • You have additional, sufficient funds available for maintaining both you and your child in the UK.

Where can I apply for the visa?

An initial Parent of a Child Student application must typically be made from outside the UK. However, an application can be submitted from within the UK if you are lawfully present in the UK with leave other than as a visitor, short-term student, or outside the immigration rules.

How long can I stay in the UK?

If successful, you will be granted this visa for a period ending either at the same time as your child’s Child Student visa or on the date your child reaches the age of 12, whichever occurs sooner.

Settlement in the UK under this route is not possible.

For more information about XT 24 and their personal immigration services, please contact a member of the XT 24 team who can answer any questions and guide you through the process.

Litigation Support Analyst
Human Rights Senior Solicitor